Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Our motto is to provide quality resources about family, food, health & fitness, Internet, Pets and Travel to audience like
you who desire to know more about. We also help to show you how you can benefit with best discount price deals where you can
save money in your daily purchases.
It is understandable that offline shopping can be tedious as you will at times rush with other people in crowded areas. Whenever there
are sales, there will be lots of people rushing and pushing their ways of getting the products that you may be looking for. So, this
site is created for the convenience of shopping using your fingers. Best of all, the products will be delivered right to your doorstep.
Isn't that the most convenient way of shopping?
These resources are meant for you to get a better understanding so you can make good decision equip with this information. If you have any query, we welcome you to email us with the Contact Us form. Thank you for coming to our site. Enjoy yourself while you are here.
|Serengeti National Park - Tanzania's Pride And Joy|
A large proportion of Tanzania's land is taken up in national parks. National Parks are large expanses of land which are protected by the government or other environment preservation agencies, leased out to safari companies to generate some revenue. Out of these, one of the most famous is the Serengeti.
Located in North Tanzania along the Tanzania-Kenya border, the Serengeti is a 14000+ sq km expanse that houses an equally diverse range of plant and animal species and physical features. From the extensive grasslands that seem to go on till the horizon to the "black cotton" trail and the hills and woodlands, the Serengeti offers a variety of sights and sounds for travelers in each of its little sections.
Wildlife in the Serengeti varies according to location and season. In the winter and spring, the rolling, treeless plains house wildebeest - who breed in that period of time. Once the rains arrive, other ungulates (hoofed animals) e.g. the zebra, impala, topi, hartebeest, buffalo, waterbuck and gazelle also appear in herds.
The Serengeti grasslands boast of a unique geographical feature called the kopje. A kopje is a floration of granite, which can be used as a sy-post by predators, and also as shelter for reptiles from the hot equatorial sun. The highly endangered Black Rhino can also be found near these kopjes, as can the hyrax and python.
The above mentioned "black cotton" corridor lies in western Serengeti, covering swampy savannah grasslands. Grumeti river, which passes through the area, is inhabited by Nile crocodiles, with martial eagles and colobus monkeys also present nearby.
Northern Serengeti deserves an article all to itself, with its vast and open woodlands, the beautiful and sparkling Mara river, and the hills near the centre of Serengeti. Here, the migrating wildebeest and zebras are found in July, August and November, accompanied occasionally by giraffe, dik dik or elephants.
The Serengeti also possessed a healthy number of carnivores - hunters and scavengers - to keep the herbivores in check. The majestic African lion thrives in the Serengeti due to the large amounts of prey, while "lesser" predators like the wily leopard or the elegant cheetah are also present albeit in lesser numbers.
Out of the 500+ species of birds found in Serengeti National Park, some of the most prominent are the ostrich, the Kori bustard, the secretary bird, the marabou stork and the crowned crane.
The best time to visit the Serengeti is undoubtedly the winter or spring, when the herds of wildebeest pass through the park. Watching the wildebeest with their accompanying herds of Plain Zebras, though, is always a treat. The two animals live and migrate together in near-perfect harmony, indulging in a symbiotic relationship whereby the wildebeest form a circle around the zebras to help in withstanding outside attacks together and the zebras chew up the taller, low-nutrition grass to help the wildebeest reach the shorter, high-protein grass below.
As Serengeti is located in an equatorial area, even the winter there will seem warm to people living in temperate climates. So if you are at a loss for Christmas or spring vacation plans, book yourself a safari to Tanzania's Serengeti!
Wild Things Tanzania Safaris Design your own Tanzania Safari to suit your interests and budget. Specialists for Selous, Ruaha, Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Kilimanjaro and cultural safaris.
Wild Things Tanzania Safaris,
One of the most important things in going on a vacation is getting a hotel accommodation. It is important to be wise when booking for a hotel room. Otherwise you won’t have enough pocket money to spend because you’ve spent most of your budget for your hotel accommodation. Here are some tips to help you get an accommodation without ruining your vacation budget.
1. Take advantage of off-season rates for Airlie beach accommodation– Most hotels increase their room rates during peak season. So, if possible, plan your vacation when most people are busy in school or at work. Aside from lower room rates, if you choose to go swimming right after summer, you don’t have to worry about getting sunburned. Plus, you can enjoy a peaceful time with just you and your love one. However, if you are a very sociable person and you want to meet a lot of people in the beach, this tip is not applicable to you. So, that leads me to my second tip.
2. Get a hotel membership – Look for Bowen accommodation that offers promotions or discounts to their members. Compare room rates and choose the best but inexpensive hotel for you. It should be not too far from different tourist spots and provides easy transportation and keeps you light on the budget.
Looking for best travel package or air ticketing? Now you are at the right place where you can get the best discount prices for tours, hotels and ticketing. Are you ready to get these offers?
Take a look at Travel Vacation with the best discount prices offer
3. Look for hotels that offer self-catering services – If your vacation would last for more than a week, it is advisable to look for a guest house or a condominium unit for rent or hotels that provide lodging and cooking tools but not meals. But if you are a kind of person cannot bear to not have the comfort and luxury of a regular hotel, then this tip is not for you.
4. Check out online coupons for hotel package deals – A lot of companies in the hotel and lodging industry offer their clients exciting vacation deals. So, it would be a wise and practical move if you join their mailing list for upcoming deals and packages. However, some deals would ask something from you as part of the deal such as traveling in groups. So, make sure to read the company’s terms and conditions before getting a promotional hotel accommodation package.
5. Bargain and negotiate – Call the hotel and inquire about their room rates. Ask them if they could give you a discount since you are a new guest or if you won’t be needing some of their amenities like the pool, gym or spa. If the hotel representatives refuse to give you a special price, look for other options. Don’t stop looking until you finally get the price that is just right for you.
Tags: Beach Accommodation, Budget Accommodation, Catering Services, Condominium Unit, Cooking Tools, Hotel Accommodation, hotel accommodations, Hotel Membership, Hotel Package, How To Save Money, Important Things, Inexpensive Hotel, Lodging Industry, Peaceful Time, Peak Season, Pocket Money, Sociable Person, Tourist Spots, tours, Travel, Vacation Budget, Vacation Deals, Whitsundays
Posted in Travel and Leisure | No Comments »
You must be logged in to post a comment.
24FebNo hassles of website hosting of business portal. Web Hosting Provider for domain names.
05JunViral videos spread news of your business portal. Video Advertisers generating viral traffic.
17OctFeng Shui simple basic concept help to boost your business profits. Feng Shui changes your destiny of fate.
Your business website needs targetted advertising to bring fresh visitors to generate profit sales. Bulls Eyes advertising resolves your needs.Read More